It's been two years since our last photo contest in 2004 and the 2006 DOG BYTES Photo Contest was just as exciting with over 80 entries. The winner received a hand-painted oil painting of their winning photo! A $150 value! Here's the background of the contest FYI which is now CLOSED:
- The DOG BYTES Photo Contest began accepting photo entries on Friday, September 1, 2006. No photos accepted after October 14, 2006 (the contest is now CLOSED to new entries). First round voting will begin Sunday, October 15, 2006. Final round voting will begin November 13, 2006. All voting will end December 1, 2006. Winners will be announced by Monday, December 4th, 2006.
- Digital photos must be submitted via email only. NO MAIL-IN ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED OR RETURNED.
- Digital photos must be submitted as a GIF or JPG (JPEG) only. No other formats will be considered or returned.
- Email photos to: dogbytes at lucythewonderdog.com Put PHOTO CONTEST in the subject heading (CONTEST NOW CLOSED).
- Only photos with dogs as the subject will be allowed (Yes, other animals are allowed WITH the dog or dogs --- but the dog must be the main subject of the photo).
- Multiple dogs in the photo are allowed.
- Photos that include people in the photo will NOT be accepted or returned.
- Photos will be placed in random groups when voting begins. Only ONE VOTE per Group is allowed. The voting software can detect your IP address and will not count votes after the first one. Cheaters will be automatically disqualified without warning. Read the FAQ on how to get more votes.
- By submitting your photo you agree to the following terms and conditions posted here.
- No photos or votes will be accepted after the posted deadlines.
- Only one photo entry per person/family/email account allowed.
- Contest open to anyone worldwide with an Internet connection. Yes, we'll even ship prizes to Australia!
- Lucy The Wonder Dog, LLC, reserves the right to cancel the contest for any reason, substitute prizes and over-rule any voting that may result from suspected cheating or fraud or for any other reason whatsoever.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
Along with your digital photo (JPG or GIF ONLY), please submit the following information in your email:
- Your first and last name
- Dog's name
- Dog's age
- Dog's city, state, country
- Two-five line story or anecdote about your dog. MAKE IT INTERESTING!
To summarize: (CONTEST IS NOW OVER -- THIS IS JUST FYI) Send your GIF or JPG image via email along with the requested information about your dog by October 14, 2006; Vote for one dog in the Playoff Round which begins October 15, 2006; sending your photos signifies that you have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions listed HERE; tell all your family and friends to vote once your photo is posted for voting; read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for additional information not covered here. No photos will be returned.